Dr. Pepper Sends 3-Year-Old To An Actual Doctor After Mouse Is Found Floating In Its Bottle!

Dr. Pepper Sends 3-Year-Old To An Actual Doctor After Mouse Is Found Floating In Its Bottle!

If you’re drinking Dr. Pepper you might want to put it down…. now! Thats because it is being reported that a dead rat was found in a 20 ounce bottle in Texas!

According to Complex, 3-year-old Kayden was drinking on the rodent infested soda on Sunday while driving around with his grandparents. He was unable to finish it and decided to hand it back to them. To bad when he went back for seconds he found the dead friend floating in the bottle.

Yeah I just gagged! Anyways the disgusting discovery sent young Kayden to the pediatrician just to make sure he didn’t ingest anything harmful. Complex also reports that the CDC and the state of Texas were also contacted.

Dr Pepper also caught word of what happened and wanted to take the bottle for testing but the family declined because they are doing tests of their own.

Heres what Dr. Pepper Snapple Group told Complex,

Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our consumers. We take all consumer complaints very seriously, and we are very concerned about the call we received yesterday from Mr. Graves about this issue. This is a single, isolated incident, and we’re working hard to investigate and resolve the matter with this consumer.

The controls and safeguards we have in our production facilities make it virtually impossible for any foreign object to get into a container at any stage of the bottling process. All of our containers are covered on pallets until the moment they are ready to fill. Once on our high-speed filling lines, bottles are turned upside-down and rinsed out before they are quickly filled and capped.

Based on the production code we received from Mr. Graves yesterday evening, the bottle in question was filled during the early afternoon of April 26 at our Houston plant as part of a six-hour production run. Records indicate no stoppages in production at the time this bottle was on the filling line. In addition, a City of Houston health inspector was in the plant that very day on a routine inspection, which included among other tasks reviewing pest control measures, and the inspector saw no issues.

As we investigate this incident, we are hoping the consumer will provide us with the bottle so we can have the contents analyzed by a qualified independent forensics laboratory and more completely understand how this might have happened. This lab can determine when and how a rodent might have gotten into the container, when it died and even examine the contents of its stomach Unfortunately, the consumer has so far declined this request.